These cookies are perfect when you’re trying to avoid sugar! You can adjust the amount of stevia you put in to make them sweeter. I’m not the best baker and stupidly put in a TABLESPOON instead of a teaspoon and ended up with GREEN, inedible cookies!!! AHHHH!!! So don’t make that mistake. Remember that vanilla adds sweetness too so be sure to taste your batter before adding any extras.
Once you have mastered this recipe you could try adding raw cacao to make chocolate biscuits or perhaps some roasted macadamias for some added texture. If you are not on my current (no dairy) detox, then serving these cookies warm with some Cleo’s cream and stewed berries would be a delicious sugar-free dessert too!
Coconut Almond Cookies
1 1/4 c almond flour or meal
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp stevia powder
1 c shredded coconut, unsweetened
1 egg, beaten
1/4 c butter, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Combine the dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls. In small batches, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Knead with your hands to combine.
3. Refrigerate for half hour.
4. Shape your cookie dough into small flat cookies using your hands. Place on a lined baking tray.
5. Bake for 12- 15 mins. WATCH THEM! Don’t let them brown! Remove from the oven when the bottom of the cookies are golden.
6. Allow to cool completely so they stay nice and crispy.
Makes 8-12 cookies