I’ve been to alot of dinner parties lately and it’s always a challenge to find a new dish to bring along! This salad still uses basic ingredients you have in your pantry but with a bit of extra flair – Jamie Oliver flair! You can of course leave the bread out if you are going for a low-carb alternative. The ciabatta however is delicious!
All you need:
1/2 ciabatta loaf
1 tsp fennel seeds
a few sprigs oregano or rosemary
1 TBLSP small capers
1/2 a 30g tin of anchovies in oil
a small bunch of fresh basil
6 jarred red peppers
1 clove garlic
4 vines of cherry tomatoes, red and yellow preferably
3 large tomatoes
red wine vinegar
parmesan cheese, to cheese
1. Tear the ciabatta into 2cm pieces. Put into a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and toss with the fennel seeds, a few sprigs oregano or rosemary and a pinch of salt. Mix so bread is coated then put under a high grill for 10 minutes or until golden.
2. Roughly chop together the capers and anchovies with most of the basil leaves and 4 of the jarred peppers.
3. Crush over the garlic clove. Add all of the tomatoes, roughly chopped. Put into a large bowl with a splash of red wine vinegar, a good drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the ciabatta, then tear in the remaining jarred peppers. Toss and squeeze the whole mixture together with your hands.
5. Top with the rest of the basil leaves and finely grated parmesan to serve.